events banner
   



history...

The Whitworth Park Hotel

The building started life as a part of the Sir Joseph Whitworth legacy.

After his death in 1897 his widow Lady Louisa was responsible for the construction of the Whitworth institute and this building known then as Whitworth House.

The property remained part of the Whitworth Trust legacy until in 2004 it was sold to the present private owner.

The present owner carried out a major refurbishment costing in excess of £250,000 and the building was reopened in July 2004 and renamed as The Whitworth Park Hotel.

As part of a further refurbishment for 2013 we have renamed the building as barringtons to better reflect is present use as a contemporary place to eat, drink and stay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
   
Station Road | Darley Dale | Derbyshire DE4 2EQ | Tel: 01629 733111
© Copyright Barringtons pub and dining 2013